Thursday, June 3, 2010

Technical Insight On My HCG Journey

It's been a long time since my last blog. I've been doing Simeon's Protocol for about 7-1/2 months, in various phases of it. I've lost a total of 20 lbs abnormal fat (of course, some of that was water weight). At my lowest weight of 126.8, I was at a total loss of 23 lbs.

My first round's Last Dosage Weight was 129.8 lbs. To some people, this may not seem like a big deal. People who have 100 lbs to lose may be thinking, "23 lbs? That's it?" But once they reach that point where they only have 20 lbs to lose, they will see how NOT an easy endeavor it is, and more so, not an easy feat to maintain. During a mediocre stabilization phase, I had gained back 3 lbs and stabilized at 132.8 lbs for about 70 days.

I decided to go for broke and do one more round to get to my ultimate goal of 125 lbs. I am 5'5" tall, so I think that weight would be awesome. About a week before I started my 2nd round, I gained another 4 lb. I blame it on PMS...whole heartedly. It didn't help that I was on vacation in New York at the time. Normally, I would do a couple of steak days (not back to back) and get back to my stabilized weight. However, I decided to start Round 2 shortly after New York because the timing was right with my menstrual cycle just ending. To those of you who know nothing about "Pounds and Inches", this is all Greek to you. However, you Simeonites out there know exactly what I'm talking about :)

I figured if my body still had abnormal fat to lose, then HCG would be the only way to get that off with the assurance that when my body had no more abnormal fat, I would stop at the lowest end of my ideal weight range. Whatever that may be... I still don't know. This was one of the selling points of this wonderful protocol. The fact that HCG will not allow you to lose more than what you have is amazing. During the loading days of "Round 2", I gained 2 more pounds. YIKES! This meant instead of only having 7 lb. to lose, I now had 13 lb. to lose to get to my ultimate goal.

If you've watched my vlogs on YouTube, you would know my roller coaster journey on Round 2, including a death in the family and diet burnout. I ended up stopping at day 40 at a weight of 129.8 lb. Wow, aint that a coincidence. The exact weight I ended with during my 1st round. Hm, could this be my ideal weight? Maybe!

I am now on day 8 of Phase 3 of my 2nd round. I was going to take an interruption and go back to Phase 2 after 2 weeks and try to lose the 4 more lb. I've done a lot of thinking in the last 8 days and decided against it. I'm going to try my damnedest to stabilize at 129 lbs. After the summer is over, I will see where I am and re-evaluate. I will decide then, whether I can lose more abnormal fat or whether 129 lbs is the lowest I'm going to get. Most importantly, I will know by then whether I can live with that number on the scale. :)

I'm going to have a lot of soul searching to do, also a lot of self-therapy. Haha! I think I’m going to finish this thought off in my next vlog. I hope this post has cleared up some questions about how my round has been going, technically. Because I know I tend to “was philosophical” on my YouTube vlogs :) I so appreciate everyone who sits through them. Thanks for reading... See ya on the VLOG!! xoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. Now, I understand Ai. Please forgive me for jumping to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is some great stuff you have here. If you need a little bit of help, come check out my blog HCG Diet 411 www.hcg411.info

    Our forum is really good too. The members there have a lot of knowledge about the HCG Diet. The best part is it's 100% FREE!!!

    I would love to see you there. After reading your post, I know you have some good information to offer to all of our other members. It's a great place to get support too.

    Keep up the hard work. Take care,

    Brian M Connole
    HCG Diet 411 Blog & Forum

    ReplyDelete